2018 Rewind: A celebration of accomplishments
Building a great team takes trust, and developing that trust takes time and loyalty. At Border Foods, we attribute so much of our business success to our teams’ commitment. Our Border Foods 2018 Recognition Rally embodied all the great things we look for in excellent hospitality and pristine restaurants. And we’re not just serving tacos. We’re providing an experience for team members that feels more like coming home. Below, find the year’s accomplishments:
- Border Foods is bringing 70+ employees to Mexico this year on the Best of the Best Trip.
- 2 restaurants (Robert St., MN – 2395 & Golden Valley, MN 2421) were both recognized for their outstanding sales over $3 Million!
- 43 other restaurants in the company achieved 2018 annual sales of over $2 Million
- We have a wealth of tenure at Border Foods, especially thankful for Tina Pufahl (35 years of service), Joyce Cox & Vicky Marshall (25 years of service)
- Speed matters. Last year, we had 5 restaurants running under 3:00 DT SWS; 20 additional restaurants ran below 3:30 in 2018.
Of the Year Awards
As a family of nearly 5,000 team members today, the Of the Year Awards honor just a few who stand out above the rest. These important team members understand people development, have a solid history of internal promotions and show they can master metrics. 2018 of the year awards recipients included:
- General Manager of the Year: Alfredo Briones, Bloomington, MN, 3333
- Area Coach of the Year: Deb Fraser, Area 32
- Region Coach of the Year: Pam Hare, Region 1
Circle of Excellence Award
- Vera Sanchez, Stinson, MN, 2384
Heart of Border Foods Winners
This award was built to honor the traits we valued in Carol Williams and inspire all team members to live and breathe the culture of Border Foods. We recognize team members who exemplify the attitude, dedication and family culture that Carol embodied. The core principles that make up the heart of this award include, development, achievement and culture. Every Heart of Border Foods recipient personifies a family driven culture in all aspects of work, grows team members both personally and professionally, executes long and short-term goals and exceeds business metrics. Congratulations to our Heart of Border Foods winners!
- Brian Davies, Facilities Director
- Ken Lund, Region Coach
Congratulations to all our team members who received recognition for 2018 accomplishments. Bring on 2019!