Border Foods Scholarship
Border Foods team members who are seeking higher education may be eligible to apply for a company scholarship. Money granted can go toward tuition and other school costs.
Carol Williams Scholarship
Known as one of the greatest Taco Bell operators of all time, Carol Williams got her start at Border Foods in the late 1990s. She’s responsible for the foundation in which our company sits on today, and she’s the founder of our deeply rooted family culture. When Carol passed away in 2018, she left a profound legacy behind. Her passion for people, operations and great service will live on in the Heart of Border Foods Award and this scholarship program.
Live Mas Scholarship
Every year, the Taco Bell Foundation grants millions of dollars in scholarships to passionate young adults (between the ages of 16 and 24) who need further education to achieve their dreams. In 2020, they’ll give out more than $750,000 to Taco Bell Employees who are working to fulfill a passion with a need for education. To apply, just submit a 2-minute video (think cell phone selfie) about why you need the scholarship money.
Border Foods Tuition Reimbursement
Border Foods Shift Leads, Assistant General Managers, General Managers, Above Restaurant Leaders and Office Staff all have the opportunity to receive tuition reimbursement*. All courses for reimbursement must be pre-approved by Border’s benefits department prior to the course start date. Review the requirements to apply:
- New Hires are eligible after 6 months of service and Internal Promotes are eligible as of their promotion date, provided they have at least 6 months of employment.
- Shift Leads must have 1 year of service and work an average of 30 hours per week during the previous 52 weeks. They must also be in good standing with no performance, disciplinary, or attendance concerns.
- Team Members must be in good standing with no performance, disciplinary, or attendance concerns.
- For tuition and required books to be reimbursed, the course must be an undergraduate course that is part of a degree program, or a job related graduate-level course.
Request More Information
Taco Bell has teamed up with Ed2go to provide restaurant-level employees the opportunity to earn a high school diploma online. To be considered for a scholarship, you can’t already have a high school diploma or currently be enrolled in a high school. You also must also be a Taco Bell employee for at least 90 days. If selected for the scholarship, you will be notified and the funds will be sent directly to the school.
GED Testing Service
Taco Bell, and its participating franchisees are partnering with GED Testing Service to provide you with the tools you need to get a GED credential. Sign up to get:
- Free tests and study materials
- A personal GED Advisor to help you every step of the way
- Access to a Facebook support group
If you’re interested in the GED program, you must have met 90 days of employment and must be performing on or above target. If these qualifiers are met, sign up for an account at www.ged.com/tacobell and take the GED Ready Test. This test lets your advisor know what practice materials you will need – it’s not graded and doesn’t affect the program.
Once you’re approved for the program, your advisor will contact you directly and work with you through the program, start to finish.
Test until you pass guarantee. Simply commit to the required studying and your GED Advisor will work with you until you pass.